Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format.
- The text is 1.5 spaced; uses a Bookman Old Style 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The author, by submitting, agrees to granting New Zealand Sociology the copyright if the article is published in the New Zealand Sociology journal.
The Editors welcome submitted manuscripts all year round. Authors are also invited to contact the Managing Editor to discuss their work before submission.
All manuscripts submitted will be considered for publication, on the understanding that they are original material and are not being considered for publication elsewhere. Please submit only completed manuscripts that have been formatted according to the specifications indicated in the author guidelines.
Submitted manuscripts should be anonymised and accompanied by a cover letter that includes:
- the author’s name(s), departmental or institutional affiliations, snail-mail and e-mail addresses;
- a short biography for each author (50 words maximum);
- up to six key words.
Those interested in offering to submit a book review (1-2000 words) must contact the Associate Editor, Steve Matthewman (email@example.com) before doing so.
Those interested in offering to submit a review essay must contact the appropriate editor before doing so. Communication about review essays should be with Associate Editor, Steve Matthewman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Those interested in offering to submit a research note must contact the appropriate editor before doing so. All other communications should be sent to the Managing Editor, Louise Humpage (email@example.com).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.